YWAM Salem COVID-19 Update 3/17/20
Hello from YWAM Salem,
As a campus we have seen unprecedented growth over the last five years. We had a great start to the year, and God has met us in so many ways. Our hearts are hungry for more of God, especially in our student body because we have seen Jesus speaking purpose over people and changing their lives in remarkable ways, and want to see more. We are grateful for all that God has done, and all that he is yet to do in and through us as a community.
In this season we are very focused on ensuring the health and safety of all students and our local community. Given the ongoing spread of COVID-19, we have had to make some hard decisions as YWAM Salem leadership:
We have sent our current students home to minister while being with their families. Our school leaders have created several pathways for students to complete their schools within the year.
As of now, we will be postponing both the Foundations of Counseling Ministries and Korean Discipleship Training School. All currently enrolled students have been informed and we will continue to monitor the situation, and with hope, determine new start dates in the near future.
We have also made decisive internal changes in how our campus functions. We have increased our cleaning of surfaces, food dispensaries, and bathrooms. We also adapt our kitchen schedule to serve only those students and volunteers who are unable to leave YWAM Salem.
Keeping with the Oregon mandate of limiting group gatherings to no more than 25 people and the additional recommendation that Oregonians avoid gatherings of 10 people or more we implement strong social distancing measures. This includes staff working remotely as much as possible.
We will limit those outside of our community coming onto campus. Unfortunately we will no longer be able to have any guests staying on our campus unless determined risk free by our COVID-19 Task Team.
Thank you so much for your support and love as we continue in this trying time. We continue to work with all government mandates and requirements with respect to the virus.
We have a great hope for our generation and a sense of anticipation of what God is going to do this year. It is in testing that our personal relationship with God grows deep. He will assemble world changers uniquely equipped to meet the challenges of our societies today. We encourage everyone to not question the promises of God in darkness that He has revealed in the light and continue in this journey of being his loved disciple.
If you have further questions, please refer to the FAQ section below or contact us directly:
- Students or family of students: Amos Hathway at (503) 779-3761 or Denise Schlegel at (951) 807-7586 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Inquiry: Cassie Ries at (951) 567-1438 or email@example.com
Please continue to be interceding on behalf of the situation, our campus, and our nations. May we join to seek the Father’s wisdom and peace as we navigate this together.
YWAM Salem Campus Director
YWAM Salem COVID-19 Update 3/13/2020
YWAM Salems continues to follow state and national recommendations regarding the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As of now, our county, Marion County has reported 3 cases. We have no known reported cases on our campus or in Salem. However, in the light of the rapidly changing nature of the virus and our commitment to preserve the safety of both our campus and our Salem community, we will continuously evaluate the situation.
We have established a COVID-19 task team to address our campus needs, mitigate risk, and establish protocol for YWAM Salem’s response to the spread of the COVID-19 disease. The team has been working hard to protect our staff, students, and volunteers from the virus as much as possible. Working with Marion County Public Health, we have updated our Response Plan and set up protocols to best protect our YWAM Salem community.
What actions are we taking?
- Constant contact with appropriate parties and keeping up to date information as much as possible. Appropriate parties include: Marion County Public Health, and following the guidance from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
- Ongoing protocols created for those coming to our campus from at risk nations.
- Rerouting outreach teams to less-risk locations
- We reserve a prepared and dedicated space on-site and off-site that can act as a quarantine site in contingency that a case occurs inside of our community.
- Entry survey for people coming on campus including screening of symptoms and previous travel itinerary.
- Encouraging all of our staff to follow health care guidelines.
- We created a FAQ page to answer some more questions. These guidelines are put into place to protect the community per recommendations by Marion County Public Health.
Please continue to be interceding on behalf of the situation, our campus, and our nation. May we join to seek the Father’s wisdom and peace as we navigate this together.
YWAM Salem Campus Director